According to ayurveda diseases occur in the body due to two factors one is nija(within the body),other is aganthu(external factors), sports injuries mainly occur due to sudden impact or due to continues wear and tare. when an injury occur due to sudden impact, body respond to that condition ,which lead to immobility and other inflammatory responses, its a protective mechanism of body. due to excessive body activity strained muscles, ligaments and tendons can get injured excess of toxin can accumulate in individual organ systems and can lower both mental and physical sharpness.
In KAH we have special panchakarma procedures which will refresh body and mind,improves the logical capacity along with accuracy and power to withstand stress.
We are specialized in
- Knee Injuries And Recovery (knee pain ,ACL TEAR, quadriceps tendon inflammation, medial menisci injury, articular cartilage injuries, ligament injuries, patellar pain, repeated dislocations)
- Shoulder Injuries(rotator cuff injury, dislocations, inflammation of biceps, shoulder pain, clavicle fracture)
- Back Injuries (lower back pain, sciatica, lumbago .scoliosis, muscle strain ,slip disc)
- Hip & Thigh Injuries ( groin strain, hip bursitis, hamstring and quadriceps injuries)
- Ankle & Foot Injuries (plantar fasciitis, heal pain, metatarsal fractures, Achilles pain, broken ankle, sprained ankle)
- Neck Injuries (neck pain, neck stiffness, restricted movements)
- Calf & Shin Injuries (calf pain, muscular cramps)
- Arm & Elbow Injuries(tennis elbow, golfers elbow)
- Thumb & Wrist Injuries (carpel tunnel syndrome, wrist bursitis, metacarpal fractures)
- Head injuries
- Muscular rejuvenation
- Logical and mind boosters
For example if we consider a case of ACL tear(knee), we should look at the stage of injury,you should need a correct clinical examination and relavant imaging techniques to determine the case. Then only it will be clear regarding the stage and management of the case.In almost all cases of ACL tear and associated soft tissue injuries including tendon and cartilage injuries of first degree, second degree ,third degree and partial tears, ayurvedic treatment gave better results than other systems without surgery. These are some of the findings from our experience
- ALLEVIATE PAIN
- IMPROVE FUNCTION
- DECREASE DISABILITY
- STRENGTHENS JOINT
Discussing ayurvedic treatments we have
1. INTERNAL MEDICNES
2. EXTERNAL THERAPIES
3. VARMA CHIKITSA
We have specific formulations from our classics mainly ashtanga hridaya and susrutha which are very effective in managing soft tissues injuries ,there clinical efficacy can be felt within one week of treatment.
These procedures comes number one in treating sports injuries, there are many types of treatments starting from LEPANAS, UPANAHA, MASSAGES WITH AND WITHOUT OIL, ELAKIZHI,NJAVARA KIZHI etc . BANDAGE/BANDHANA is one of the important procedure while managing sports injuries, bandages are of different types and we practice almost all types of bandages mentioned in classics and it enables the joint immobility and stability which should be given primary importance considering sports medicine.
These procedures specifically mentioned in classics are the main procedures which increases joint mobility and function along with pain management in minimum time.
This include mainly agnikarma and occasionally rakthamoksha (panchakarma) and are very effective in almost all joint involved cases
combining physiotherapy along with ayurvedic management increase the success rate in almost all cases.
From our experience and clinical statistics its clear, regarding management of sports medicine in almost all the cases involving musculoskeletal system ayurvedic management is more effective than other systems without surgery.